Thursday, July 22, 2010

How Hypnosis Helped Me Quit Smoking

I had been skeptical about hypnosis ever since I heard about it 5 years ago. It was because I never thought that anything could affect my mind so strongly that I will just give up the desire to smoke.

For the past five years, I have used a lot of techniques to stop smoking. I must have quit cold turkey at least 10 times. But every time I returned back to smoking. It is just too hard to quit cold turkey when all your friends smoke and every situation in your daily life remind you of smoking.

Then I even tried some nicotine patches, gums, and even inhalers. But they all didn't last long. My thoughts about these patches and gums are that you are providing nicotine to your body anyways, so why not use cigarettes to do it. You will be much more satisfied, and well, it is a lot cooler to smoke than to sit around with a patch in your hand.

No offense to people who have used nicotine patches to quit smoking, but I live in a social circle that would make fun of you if you try such stupid attempts at quitting. Maybe my friends are just mean, but they are my friends anyways, and I can't go on with my life by avoiding them.

A month later after trying to use nicotine patches and gums to quit, I realized that they are of no use to me. I had to take all the jokes about them, and on top of that, I didn't see any effect at all.

At this time I realized that my addiction to nicotine was not physical. My body didn't need nicotine as much as my mind needed a cigarette. It was the social situations that made me want to smoke more than anything. It was the social situations that made me start smoking in the first place, and I still can't avoid these.

Enter Hypnosis!

After 5 years of feeble attempts, I finally decided to use this technique. I had nothing to lose because it didn't cost a lot of money, and I used a website to download the recording, so I don't have to go to any professional therapist.

To my surprise, hypnosis did work. I felt the effect instantly. I guess it affected the part of the brain that was responsible for all the craving for cigarettes. I used to associate cigarettes with every part of my life, but now, I don't even think of smoking when I go about my daily routine.

Related : sale all day Carpet Cleaner Product Fitness Personal Trainer Butcher Knife

No comments:

Post a Comment