Friday, April 16, 2010

Confessions of a closet smoker - How I quit smoking after 42 years

When I started smoking at the age of eighteen, he was the best thing a girl could do. Thank you to the good publicity and lobbying efforts by tobacco companies, smoking was a phenomenon common to all parties, ball games and the workplace. The most beautiful girls in the world have been photographed with a cigarette in hand. smoke strips floated around their body like a spiral to create a halo appearance ethereal. A smoker never had to apologize or be embarrassed or ashamed ofdangerous unhealthy habit. Also, everyone on TV said it was acceptable. LSMFT (Lucky Strike tobacco average fine) Winston Tastes Good like a cigarette case. Why smokers consider quitting the habit when they shared with their own physician as well?

As my friends and family started to quit, I became an outlaw, smoke polluter single enemy for children; insensitive and indifferent to secondhand smoke. This leads me to the proverbial toilet. I have become a disgrace in my ownhome. I agree to stop smoking in the car but I do not want to stop smoking in my own house. However, I choose a unique location near a window and tried to smoke only when there was home. But no matter how hard I tried I could not cook without smoke. But in my defense was the ashtray on the edge of the window. Smoking is not only a physical addiction, it creates a mental dependence . Mental addiction is more difficult to break the habit. To quit aperson must make the decision.

It has become increasingly difficult to realize the existence of a smoker at work when everything was forbidden to smoke within twenty feet of my office building. My car was parked in a walk of five minutes and my break was only fifteen minutes. A bright idea came to me. I would smoke a cigarette while walking to my car and smoke a reverse in my office. I read somewhere once that if a person has smoked and exercised that year denied the harmful effects ofsmokers. It is like killing two birds with one stone. Once the receptor neurons in the brain has taken control, there was neither rhyme nor reason to my actions as a smoker. They would do anything to smoke.

There is no magic involved to quit any addiction. What worked for me is a combination of desire to set a good example for my children, stop smoking, and hypnosis. However, none of these and I repeat none of these methods prevented the receptor neurons bitmonsters in my head, which were used to being fed nicotine, trying to pull me back in the habit of smoking. This is the hardest hurdle to overcome.

I will not tell you that "If I can do it, you can too, because I do not know. I know that the desire to change a habit will be the deciding factor. I smoked my last cigarette two years ago . Now, when I smell a cigarette instead of sliding, I want to smile to myself and give thanks that I am free. I need morehiding in a closet and live a lie in front of my children. smoker has become a big problem for young children. It is time to help them resist peer pressure.

Related : dvd-music-video-concerts bookcases-bookshelves Yoga Works Customer Logistics

No comments:

Post a Comment